Friday, February 10, 2012

BuSy LiFe Of A PhArMaCiSt In TrAinInG!

Is it normal for me to be literally more excited for Landon to be done with school than I was for myself to finish! Yes, of course it is. He's. SO. Busy. I can't wait for us to have more time to spend together not to mention sleep normal hours again.

We're both a little opposite. I like to go to bed at a decent time lets say 10:30 and get up at 6. As soon as we get in bed I want to sleep. Landon likes to get in bed and Talk, Talk, Talk. This results in us staying awake until 11:30 or 12. Landon enjoys staying up late, but really likes to sleep in.
Even though we have more than one shower in our house we still coordinate our wake up times with each other. I get up at 5:35 so that I'm out of the shower and getting ready when he needs to get showered at 5:55. His best sleep I'm sure is during those twenty minutes.

Every night I beg to go to sleep and every morning he wishes we would have... 6 hours is just not enough sleep for either of us.

Seriously though, as busy as Landon is, he rocks the pharmacy school thing. He has passed Every. Single test so far on the first try. Never had to re-asses and still works 10 hours a week. To some people 10 hours might not seem like much, but to work at all while in an accelerated doctorate program is awesome.

Every other week he tests on Friday. If it's a test week he works until 10 on Monday and Tuesday and then Wednesday and Thursday gets home from school between 9:30 and 10:30. You know this kid is busy and dedicated when it's Feb. 10 and he still hasn't gone skiing once.

It's these busy tests weeks when I'm grateful we still live in Utah. I get visit my mom on my way home from work or watch my nephew on my day off and Landon's gone all day. Mostly though I try to fill my time with all the wife things...clean the house, do the laundry, look at pinterest and dream of how I want to decorate my house. (shhh I really should be cooking dinner more often.) That way when Landon is home we both get to relax.

I'm so proud of Landon and right now I can't wait to enjoy his six weeks of summer with him! By then it'll be a great glimpse of how life will be in two years! How soon is too soon to start counting down?

1 comment:

Cherelish said...

Amy, you are too cute! It was so good to see you and catch up the other day!