Saturday, March 20, 2010

Last Year

At this exact time last year Landon and I were in Washington D.C. with his parents. The weather was a little cold, but that didn't stop us from walking place to place so that Landon could show me everything there was to see. We took a tour of the capitol, went to lots of museums, walked around the White House and to all the monuments and even went to the pentagon (which was really sad, but one of my favorites.

American History Museum


Aerospace Museum


And then tonight, 365 days ago, Landon proposed on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial.



We had gone ring shopping the week before, but I had left it up to him on what one to buy so I was positive even if he bought one he wouldn't be able to propose until after we got home. Once we walked up the steps and I saw the flowers sitting there and then he got down on one knee I started to cry. It didn't take long before Landon's eyes were filled with tears too. We went back to the hotel called our family, had room service bring us a pizza and then went down to the hot tub.
I love that Landon proposed on my birthday, I couldn't have asked for anything different and it was a fun little reminder this morning that one year ago today we set the date to get married.

2 comments:

Emilie said...

very sweet. I hope all your birthdays have such fun memories.

Lyndi Daly said...

I am glad he proposed and that you are in the family! Also love that you went down to the hot tub:) I hope you got our message for your birthday! We remembered you...can't say the same for Jeremy:) We'll call him next year, maybe:)