Thursday, October 18, 2012

Summer 2012

Disclaimer:  this is a long post....it has to be though, it covers all of summer and I haven't blogged since May!

This summer was number 1 on the charts for the best summer!  Perhaps it had something to do with the fact that I only worked 10 days in 5 weeks!  Or that we vacationed with friends and family until our heart was almost content....

June we celebrated our 3rd Anniversary, three years already?!  Hard to believe, I feel like we're still newly weds...

In between Landon's rotations this summer we were able to go to Bear Lake for a long weekend with the whole Daly family.  The water was SUPER cold.  Landon wake boarded, but I didn't even dare get in.  Instead we went over to the pool. Landon took his go pro and the kids had fun jumping off the diving board with it or going down the slide.  The water wasn't a whole lot warmer, but we still had a fun time!

July was when the fun began.  We went to San Francisco for a week.

The men did the driving and we rocked it in the back, treats more treats a little napping and everything else you do on a LONG car drive.

China Town
We went to China Town on the first day there.  It wasn't what I had expected...it's packed with people and the grocery marts are gross.  I found a nice knock off D&G purse, so I guess it was a success.




The A's game was a blast. Landon caught a ball in batting practice and they swept the Yankees. 
 It was a bitter sweet time for Mo!  I about fried to death.  A nice lady in front of us offered me sunscreen.  Who knew baseball games could be so long...especially when it goes into extra innings.


Landon Skim Boarding


We spent one day in Santa Cruz. It was fun walking on the beach, looking at all the surf shops and the carnival feel.  This was a sad day...as I was looking over the board walk at the sea lions my new Oakley sunglasses fell right off my head and we watched them slowly sink.  Landon was sweet and bought me new sunglasses while we were in Santa Cruz.





We spent the first of the next at Pier 39 and seeing Down Town San Francisco.  We enjoyed some fish and chips, which were pretty good.  Mo and Cari had some Calamari so I tried it..not a fan!  We wanted to see Alcatraz, but all the tours were sold out. Apparently July is a very busy tourist time so you have to purchase tickets 6 weeks in advance.  Maybe next time....Landon says we'll be going back.



This was the event Landon had been waiting for.  I had a tiny jacket and when the sun goes down it's cold!  I wanted a hot chocolate, but it was July...so to satisfy us both Landon bought a Giants jacket and I wore mine and his! :)  We had a fun night and they won so we couldn't have asked for more.


Look at the size of that tree!





We spent one day going to Muir Woods, it was beautiful!  Then the  drive home took us by the famous Golden Gate Bridge and we had to see Lombard Street.  We walked up that thing...probably the most stairs I have ever done at one time.

We also went to Six Flags and had a fun time going on rides and watching the dolphin show!  Thanks to Aunt Carol for letting us stay at her house, not only did we have a free place to stay, but she made us dinner and we enjoyed the pool.  It was such a fun vacation...thanks Mo and Cari for going with us, it made it that much better!

The next vacation was Bear Lake. It was our family, Jim and Candace and Greg and Lyndi's family.  We enjoyed boating everyday, even some golfing and a show at pickleville playhouse. 



This is what I got when I asked him to show me what he got for his birthday! Mr. Cheese
Landon's favorite cake is Angel food cake with out anything on it....it's pretty easy to make him happy!  Can't believe you're 24....still seems so young, but so much older than the first birthday I celebrated with you!  Happy Birthday Babe, so glad we were able to celebrate for a whole week at the Lake!


The next little getaway was weekend camping with my family! Here are some pictures to sum it up...





The kids had pop rocks for the first time for Talon's party favor. I had to put this picture on here because Payton's face was so funny.... he did not like them!
  We celebrated Talon's 2nd birthday and enjoyed the dirt, camp fire, and my mom's delicious cooking.

Our last vacation was Lake Powell for a week! Oh how I love Lake Powell....living in a swimming suite, jumping in the water whenever, washing my hair in the lake and relaxing in the sun. This year did not disappoint.  We did have a few memorable experiences...it poured at night and was super super windy.  Landon and I slept in a little fort made out of a tarp...I thought it was fun and all of his family nick named it the Love Shack! haha

We came home from vacation on Thursday and Landon started school on Friday!  It was a fun way to finish out our summer, but was rough getting back to real life! 


No comments: