Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Back to School

Summer is officially over. Landon and I both went back to school yesterday. I can't speak for Landon too much because he still has a couple more years left, but for me i was excited. Yes, I still don't enjoy the homework, working all day on the days I don't have school and waking up in time to be to Mckay Dee Hospital by five in the morning, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. My dream of being a nurse since I was a little Kindergartner is finally in sight. My last year of the nursing program is here and It's hard to believe. Today I had lab and we learned how to start IV's and for some reason just knowing how to do that alone makes me feel more official. This semester will be busy and hard, but worth it in 8 months from now.

Landon is taking 15 credits and since we work opposite shifts and hours, we won't be seeing a whole lot of each other unless it's Sunday or as we're going to bed. Monday we are both gone all day until 9, Tuesday morning is my long 11 hour clinical day so I will be going to bed as early as possible on Monday and who knows if I'll last until ten to see Landon when he comes home from work. Wednesday is another long day of school for both of us and then Thursday, Friday, and Saturday are all ten hour workdays for me and Landon will be just as busy with school and work on Thursday and Friday and then around 12 hours of work on Saturday. Then Sunday will be here, we'll spend time together, rejuvenate and do it all over again.

I know how important education is and how hard it would be to support a family with out it and that is why these next couple rough years of saying good morning and goodbye or hello and goodnight at the exact same time will pay off and be worth it. Plus it's the normal thing to do. right? Get married, go to school, be poor, live in a hot little apartment, function on not much sleep and regardless of everything else be totally in love. If so. we're on the right track. Now as I get more into the semester I'll have to keep reminding myself and having a good attitude about it.

This summer was full of great things, getting married, going on family vacations, camping, boating and all the little things. The school year is here and despite being busy I'm sure we'll have just as much fun. I can never find time to write memories down in my journal so I want to keep this blog updated with the big, little or fun things that happen in our life. I'm hoping the school year won't be too busy and that I'll find the time to post often. I guess we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Danica said...

Good luck with school and work Amy. Hopefully we'll see you sometimes. One more year! Yea!

Emilie said...

Sounds perfect to me. It reminds me of my first year of marriage.